Log Cabin Ski Society is accepting applications for a Ski Club Assistant. This position is open until filled.
WAGE RANGE: $16-$19 per hour depending on experience.
HOURS: Hours will incorporate as many as the following dates and times as possible as snow allows:
1. SATURDAY’s 10:30am-2:30pm 1/8-3/5
2. THURSDAY’s Skagway School early release days 2:15-4:15
1/20, 2/03, 2/17, 3/03, 3/17
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Proper Business Licensing.
- Background in working with children.
- Must have XC ski equipment and be able to ski.
- Must be reliable and have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works directly under the supervision of the Activities Director and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Set-up and clean-up of club outings as assigned.
- Aiding the Activities Director with lessons.
- Helping participants grasp and execute lessons.
- Enforcing the proper procedures and policies of Ski Club.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Activities Director.
Application materials can be found at the Skagway Recreation Center or online at www.skagwayrecreation.org. Completed applications can be turned in to the Skagway Recreation Center or mailed to Log Cabin Ski Society, PO Box 636, Skagway, AK 99840 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.